Aims and Values
“We all play our part to achieve excellence in everything”
Christian values are at the heart of our journey together as the Pilgrim Federation.
Love and compassion for others; kindness, tolerance and respect are the cornerstone of our learning community.
Staff, parents, governors, children and the local community all play their part in our learning and achieving excellence in everything that we do.
We believe that learning should be creative, innovative, inspirational and irresistible.
Pilgrim Federation Aims and Values
Working with children, staff, governors and the wider community our aim is:
To model, teach and promote the Christian values of: Love, compassion, respect, tolerance, honesty, patience, kindness, empathy, trust, humility, generosity, thankfulness, hope, equality, forgiveness and joy.
To model, facilitate and develop the qualities of: Courage, self-control, enthusiasm, engagement, enjoyment, respect, confidence, aspiration, independence, enquiry, politeness, justice, service, resilience, perseverance, passion, curiosity, positivity; socially, academically, mentally and spiritually.
- High standards and good or better progress, in English, Maths and all areas of the curriculum
- Meaningful, hands on learning linked to real life
- Physical fitness
- Healthy lifestyles
- Mental wellbeing
- Risk taking
- The setting of own goals
- The ability to make and sustain positive relationshoips
- Team work
- The ability to seek appropriate help when needed
- Effective questioning
- Listening and speaking for learning and for effective communication
- The celebration of own and other’s achievements
- Taking responsibility for own learning
- Continuous improvement
- The understanding that everything has a consequence
- Knowledge of own strengths and qualities/skills in order to improve and to know how to achieve this
The Pilgrim Federation Prayer
A Prayer for formation of the Pilgrim Federation of Church of England Schools written by The Right Reverend Graham James, Lord Bishop of Norwich.
God of truth and love,
we pray that you will bless our schools
where we come to learn about your world.
Help us grow together as your children.
Give us faith when things are difficult,
hope when we need encouragement
and joy when we do well.